Thursday, October 30, 2008

World Series

It's only fitting that we talk about the World Series today being as how it ended lastnight (thankfully). First off I love that the Philly's won. I'm a Sox fan and do not subscribe to the theory that "because the Rays beat us I'm gonna route for them so we can say we lost to the champs". Thats stupid. The Rays beat us so I want them to lose. I don't want to know that a team won their first world series in their history and MADE history by going "worst to first" and went through my team to do it. The Rays are now like the Yankees to me. They are in our division, they won our division and then beat us in the playoffs. I now despise that team. It's that simple. Also, can we stop talking about the salary comparison of the Ray to the other big market teams!! I don't care what the difference is. The Rays have gotten the first pick (or close to it) in the draft every year for like the last 10 years!! How can you not eventually get good?? As for the Series itself......it's too bad the weather botched things up. Both teams are fun to watch and it could have been a really fun series. But because of weather issues and TV commitments and a moron commisioner the series has been tabbed as a bust. Oh well. The Rays simply peaked during the ALCS and came back down to earth in the World Series. The final pitch by Lidge was an absolutely nasty change-up. No player in the league would of layed off that pitch and probably only 1 or 2 could have made contact with it. Absolutely sick. Congrats to the Phils.

No comments: