Thursday, October 30, 2008

Worst World Series Ever?

First off, let me start by saying the that the Philies won fair and square and the deserved to win. They were definitely the better team and I'd like to believe that every else would agree with that point But, the way that this World Series was completed was flat out awful.

I understand that MLB can't control the weather, but when the forecast calls for rain and you can see what's coming on radar, why even start the game at that point? It's not as if Doppler Radar was invented just yesterday. If nothing else, start the game, but put the tarp on before the 4th inning. That way, the entire game has to be replayed and the World Series isn't decided by a 3 inning sprint. I just think the whole thing situation should have and definitely could have been handled a lot better. I'm not saying that the outcome would have been any different, but Bud Selig didn't handle this the best way. All I can say is that I'm glad baseball is over for this season.

On a side note, have you noticed that pretty much all the Japanese hitters swing the same way? Iwamura, Ichiro, and Fukudome look exactly the same when the swing and miss.

No comments: